Greed Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Greed Forum

Eso Alliance

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

horror movie suggestions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
luckigrrl

luckigrrl

horror movie suggestions Empty
PostSubject: horror movie suggestions   horror movie suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:46 am

I love horror and make it my business to see a little bit of everything. most modern american horror movies are crap, but I typically watch them (and even sometimes enjoy them) anyway! these are my top suggestions.

newer, traditional horror movies

28 days later and 28 weeks later - love these movies. LOVE THEM!
the devil's backbone - spanish language movie, interesting all the way through
the eye - chinese language movie, a much creepier version of that so so jessica alba movie with the same story
blair witch project - the closest I have ever been to being scared watching a movie. no, really
abnormal beauty - chinese language, slow moving, but I really enjoyed it
30 days of night - very typical modern horror movie, but still really enjoyable
audition - japanese language movie, surprising and gruesome
behind the mask: the rise and fall of leslie vernon - as I watched this I was like, not a good movie, but I really liked it a lot, lol
bram stoker's dracula - pretty

thriller types

battle royale - japanese language movie, lots of awkwardly over the top teen romance and drama ups the unintentional comedic value. LOVE this movie
seven - serial killer type movie
arang - korean language movie

classics, cult, and just plain old horror

carrie (the original) - great book made into a great movie
the lost boys - you've seen this, I'm sure. I've seen it many times over!
the shining - classic must see
slumber party massacre - all the classic horror movie components are there save for one. not a good movie by a LONG shot, but definitely entertaining
spider baby - THE FUNNIEST THING EVER. I like to freeze certain frames and laugh and laugh and laugh
straight jacket - also unintentionally hilarious
audrey rose
the birds - also an unintentional lollercoaster ride
the changeling
children of the corn - haven't seen it in a while, so idk how well it holds up, but I remember it being CREEP-EH
creepshow - in no way GOOD, but always fun

funny

dead alive - freaking hilarious movie
shallow grave - drags on a bit, but I still loved it
shaun of the dead - one of my all time favorite movies
the stuff - best watched with a group of friends.
my left eye sees ghosts - adore this movie, doesn't hurt that the main male char reminds me of my ex ^^
basket case - loooooool
boy eats girl - not naughty, lol
a bucket of blood - soooo stupid, haha
delicatessen - french language, AWESOME MOVIE, so fun to watch
teeth - H I L A R I O U S. starts off making you wonder if you're not watching a church sponsored abstinence movie, then goes to TOWN with the bad

other

pan's labyrinth - not sure if this counts as a horror movie, but it's dark and spooky and lovely, too

I could go on, but I'll leave it at this for now. PLEASE add more to this - sometimes it feels like I've seen EVERYTHING, but surely you have some new movies for me to watch!!
Back to top Go down
Wolfloup

Wolfloup

PostSubject: i know you have seen these Lucki....   horror movie suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:25 am

I would add the Evil Dead movies, Resident Evil, (game and movie series) and on the Anime side of this add Hellsing, Vampire Hunter D, and Blood: The Last Vampire..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Moey

Moey

PostSubject: Re: horror movie suggestions   horror movie suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:37 am

Omgosh! I LOVE Lost Boys! Very Happy

I have one.
"APT." It's Japanese, but it's not even really scary. It's still pretty interesting though.
^-^
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/xTayu
ZenChan

ZenChan

PostSubject: Re: horror movie suggestions   horror movie suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Lost Boys is awesome, Resident Evil is the sex, Dracula is amazing!

I like zombie movies... a lot XD Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Zombieland, uhh, for vampire movies I like Queen of the Damned and many more that I can't remember the names of lmao. Errrrr I like Friday the 13th, Halloween movies, Jason movies are alright, erm, I likeeeeeeees manymany horror movies.(:

But I recommend Slit mouth woman(?) It's a Japanese horror movie, I think it's like Kuchisake Onna! Smile
Back to top Go down
luckigrrl

luckigrrl

PostSubject: Re: horror movie suggestions   horror movie suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:36 pm

oh god, how could I forget motel hell!?! HILARIIIIOUS, also best watched with friends for ultimate teehee factor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: horror movie suggestions   horror movie suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

horror movie suggestions
Page 1 of 1